It’s like we’ve gone back to medieval times when massive castles were built by nobility given the size of some of today’s mega mansions. In fact, today’s homes are just as ostentatious as the gilded age mansions built in Newport, Rhode Island, the Gold Coast and other incredible historic mansions. Except for these days, the mega-mansions aren’t designed to protect and provide for entire villages.
Today’s mega mansions are built for one or two families. 20,000+ square feet for a private residence is an insane amount of space, yet there are many of these homes located all over the world. This post features photo galleries of today’s mega mansions.
For a home to be featured here, it must contain at least 20,000 sq. ft. Some have more than 50,000 sq. ft. While I have no desire to live in such a large home, I must say some of the interior designs and outdoor amenities are really awesome.
Check them out.
1. Los Angeles, CA Mega Mansion (31,000 sq. ft.)
2. Thousand Oaks, CA Mega Mansion (50,000 sq. ft.)
3. Millbrook, NY Castle (34,000 sq. ft.)
4. New Jersey Mega Mansion (35,000 sq. ft.)
5. 31,000 sq. ft. New Jersey Mega Mansion
6. 30,000 sq. ft. New Jersey Mansion
As you can see, New Jersey is filled with plenty of mega-mansions (so is California). Here’s another beauty – you’ll love the living room.
7. Epic 25,000 sq. ft. Arizona Mega Mansion
Get a load of the living room in this house.
8. 26,000 Sq. Ft. Florida Waterfront Custom Mansion
If you like new and absolutely incredible interior design throughout, you have to check out the design quality in this amazing home in Florida. It’s listed for sale for $20,000,000. DouglasElliman Real Estate has the listing.
9. 36,000 Sq. Ft. Bel Air Beauty
Here’s a stunning 1.1 acre Bel Air mega-mansion with 36,000 sq. ft. home that includes endless patios, courtyard, indoor pool and bowling ally. This home is listed for sale for $49.9 million. Coldwell Banker Global Luxury has the listing.
10. 25,000 Sq. Ft. Arizona Mansion
Here’s an incredible 25,000 sq. ft. mega mansion in Paradise Valley, Arizona sitting on 5 acres of land. The grounds, exterior and interior of the home are nothing short of spectacular. Listed by The Joffe Group.
11. 31,000 Square Foot Los Angeles Mansion
Related: Luxury Home Office Designs
12. 23,000 Sq. Ft. Sumptuous Southampton Mansion
I absolutely love the interior design of this new Southampton mansion. The grounds (3.84 acres) are spectacular too. It’s for sale (as of the time this was published); the listing is by the Corcoran Group.